Durham Rose Ethos and Ethical Standards
The Durham Rose Ethos
YOU ARE AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Creating future heirlooms is the most personal creative process.
Talk us through your story and your ideas and your designer will work with you to create the most personal and unique fine jewellery
EXCELLENCE AND QUALITY EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
We were established with a passion for uniting technology with traditional craftsmanship and best quality materials available.
We proudly create each piece of your fine jewellery knowing it will be loved for generations to come. Durham Rose Warranty
IF IT FOLLOWS THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, WE CAN MAKE IT
We believe that the best thing about bespoke jewellery is pushing the boundaries of design!
While drawing on our wealth of experience and your unique story, every design is created with a perfect balance innovation and design integrity.
WE LEAVE THE SURPRISES TO YOU!
We are always transparent about the price of each element of your ring throughout the design process, we share educational resources for the precious materials in your jewellery,
so that you know what you are buying and we use screen sharing and a specialist modelling program to give you a 3D experience of your ring before committing to your design.
The jewellery we create is designed to be loved not only for a lifetime, but for future generations to come. For this reason, it’s important to us as Durham Rose that we operate in a way which minimises harm to people and planet, both in our sourcing and supply chain. In alignment with our core beliefs, we are proud members of The British Jewellers’ Association, Jewelers of America and The Responsible Jewellery Council. We promise:
- To maintain the highest level of personal integrity, honesty and business ethics
- To comply with all Governmental laws and regulations relating to the jewellery, watch and related industries
- To use conflict free diamonds in compliance with the Kimberley Process and The World Diamond Council System Of Warranties
- To support and abide by the Jewellery Ethics and objectives of the National Jewellers’ Association
- To provide a standard of product and service of the highest possible quality commensurate with price
- To establish clearly the guarantee or service policy regarding all merchandise and to fulfil that policy
- To provide knowledgeable and competent expertise and clearly indicate the true quality of products offered for sale
- To adhere to sound business practices and thus ensure continuing service to customers and suppliers alike
- To refrain from all forms of design copyright and trademark infringement
Durham Rose Ethical Sourcing Standards
All of our mined diamonds are supplied in compliance with the Kimberley Process Certification System and The World Diamond Council System of Warranties. Both systems were established to eliminate the trade in Conflict Diamonds with rules on importing and exporting diamonds as well as providing paper trails accompanying diamond shipments. A large proportion of the gold and platinum used in creating our jewellery comes from recycled material.
As a bespoke company, every piece that we make is highly personal to each client. For this reason, we source a wide and vast number of specialist diamonds and gemstones in creating each unique design. While all of the diamonds and gemstones are sourced to provide the best possible quality, many of our suppliers also provide ethical reassurance, such as Canada Mark Diamonds, Chatham Gemstones and Charles and Colvard Moissanite.
Our jewellery is manufactured by experienced and diligent jewellers. We work with two large specialist jewellery manufacturers in the US and India both of whom are, like us, registered with the Responsible Jewellery Council. We also work with a select number of independent jewellers in the UK. How your jewellery is made means a lot to us, and to share this passion we like to include manufacturing photos of your ring in your custom ring book that accompanies every commission.